Category Archives: Random Posts
Recently while tooling around on Pinterest (which I do quite often) I found a bunch of really cool fashion illustrations. Before entering in the fashion world (when I had some time on my hands) I would paint. Seeing these illustrations makes me want to paint again…
With Thanksgiving around the corner if you are anything like me, you are just as concerned with what you are wearing as what you will be eating. It’s all about finding the perfect balance of feeling comfy/casual as well as feeling stylish. So what do you wear? These are some fun, functional and totally Thanksgiving appropriate looks I created through shopstyle.com
I love to layer. It really elevates an outfit. Here I took a basic long sleeve v-neck tee, colored skinny cords, black booties and layered them with a chunky knit, cuff, ring and mens inspired watch. Easy and chic!
This casual chic ensemble consists of a long sleeve thermal henley, skinny bootcut jeans, cashmere blend vest, wedge booties, chunky gold watch, wrap bracelet and gold pendent.
If you are heading somewhere cold over the holiday, this could be a great option for you. Start out with a white tank (or if it’s really going to be cold then switch the tank of a long sleeve tee), then layer it with a chunky cowl neck sweater, jacket, scarf, skinnies, riding boots and a chunky ring.
My mom was in town visiting this past week and we decided to take pictures of her to show you how easy it is to look and feel stylish at 61 (go mom:))! Along with the photos, I thought it would be helpful to list a some tips for those of you who struggle with what is appropriate and stylish after 45.
The only way my mom let me post this one was if I promised to crop her head out of the pic. She loved the outfit, she just didn’t like the way her face turned out in the pic. I am sure we can all relate to that! Here she is wearing Splendid black leggings, J.Crew white tee, J.Crew cardigan and black converse slip ons. My mom is a huge fan of J.Crew. She wore this when we were just tooling around town on Sunday. She was super comfy and looked adorable for the day.
My mom is wearing William Rast bell bottom jeans, painter tee, J.Crew cashmere sweater, black platform heels, chunky bracelet and a bright pink J.Crew scarf. She looked adorable and she felt really great.
This is a great example of quickly going from day to night. She is wearing the same William Rast jeans, painter tee but we switched out the cashmere sweater for a sequin blazer.
Sorry for the proportions of the photo – that’s my fault. But you get the idea (I hope!). Here my mama has on a ballet pink long sleeve tee, J.Crew skinny jeans, hunter green anorak and nude ballet flats by Maria Sharapova for Cole Haan. She loved this because she was really comfortable and looked so cute. She got some great compliments too
1. Show off your best asset. Stop focusing on what doesn’t work and start thinking about what you do like about your body. Women waste time and money hiding what they don’t like about their bodies instead of investing in clothes that will highlight their best features. If you like your legs and they look great, wear a skirt. Just because you are not 25 doesn’t mean you can’t wear a skirt – just make sure it hits right above the knee and not 5″ above the knee.
2. Stop focusing on the size and label. Focus more on what fits. If you are a size 8 and you force yourself into a size 6 top, it will not only look ill-fitting but you will actually end up looking like a size 12!
3. Don’t wait to lose 10 lbs. This is another way of putting fashion on hold which is one of the worst things you could do. Why wait to feel good? You deserve to look and feel good no matter what your size. Don’t punish yourself for not being the exact size you envision. Love your body right now and respect it by wearing clothes that fit and flatter your shape.
4. Don’t forget the shoes! Good quality shoes can make or break your whole outfit. Buy some fashion magazines and see what’s in. If it’s comfort that you like, there are plenty of stylish shoes out there that are comfortable. Check out my mom wearing converse slip ons and ballet flats. Both super comfy and beyond adorable.
5. Add a touch of color. No joke, adding a little color can it make you look and feel five years younger. Color blocking was a huge trend this year during fashion week. The easiest way to do this is with a vivid accessory. A skinny neon belt, bright green bag or will do the trick. My mama does it with a bright pink scarf shown above.